[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2, I give it up

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Wed Aug 6 14:48:09 UTC 2008

IMHO announcing TM2 to be free upgrade for current users was wrong
decision that could discourage the author from working on development.
Personally I'd love to pay for TM2 if some of the discussed features/
fixes we available to me, including:

* soft-wrap indention (even simplest one, this is my biggest desire)
* better undo system
* leaving ATSUI in favor of CoreText
* project file-list context menu (i.e. ⌃⇧A) working also when
there's no file open

Even those not really qualify for raising major version number. But
then anybody can tell me how we can I encourage the author other than
paying for his work?
I opt for TM2 should be paid upgrade then :>

Regards,
--
Adam Strzelecki