[TxMt] Makefile support?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Oct 4 06:17:05 UTC 2007

On 03/10/2007, at 22:52, Niko Matsakis wrote:

> [...]
> I checked out the Makefile bundle from SVN, but while that does
> allow you to *run* a Makefile, it doesn't allow you to click on an
> error message and be taken to the relevant source file, or do any
> other interactive goodness, unless I am mistaken.

It should make links clickable. Though a makefile can run arbitrary
shell commands, so it might be your command output errors in a way not
supported by the current regexp.

> In general, it seems it would be nice if there were a way to run an
> arbitrary command and filter the output for file names and line
> numbers (kind of like M-x compile) [...]

This is what I tried to create with the tm_parser ruby module used by
the Make command. It filters stdin based on the typical file:line:
[column:]error pattern and makes the errors clickable (by outputting
HTML, and expecting this to be is used in a “Show as HTML” context).

But basically all the script runners / compilers we have (except
Makefile bundle) do not use it, because they can provide a much better
user experience by not outsourcing those 3 lines of regexp-matching ;)