[TxMt] Makefile support?

Niko Matsakis niko at alum.mit.edu
Thu Oct 4 06:34:35 UTC 2007

Thanks everyone for the help!  A few quick responses:

Michael Sheets wrote:

> From a post of allan's two days ago:
>
> "There is a Makefile bundle, it does this, but it is *very*
> rudimentary (I wrote the build command, but I rarely ever work with
> Makefiles, so I didn’t spend much time prettying up the output)."

Sorry, I must have missed that message.  I only recently joined the
list.  Seems like it answers my question though. :)

> This is what I tried to create with the tm_parser ruby module used
> by the Make command. It filters stdin based on the typical
> file:line:[column:]error pattern and makes the errors clickable (by
> outputting HTML, and expecting this to be is used in a “Show as
> HTML” context).

Hmm, this sounds like exactly what I want.  Maybe I'm missing
something in my setup?  I'll go poking around.

> But basically all the script runners / compilers we have (except
> Makefile bundle) do not use it, because they can provide a much
> better user experience by not outsourcing those 3 lines of regexp-
> matching ;)

Right, and that makes perfect sense to me.  It would simply be nice
to have something grep-like as a fallback option.

Niko