[TxMt] Makefile support?

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Thu Oct 4 02:46:57 UTC 2007

On Oct 3, 2007, at 3:52 PM, Niko Matsakis wrote:

> I checked out the Makefile bundle from SVN, but while that does
> allow you to *run* a Makefile, it doesn't allow you to click on an
> error message and be taken to the relevant source file, or do any
> other interactive goodness, unless I am mistaken.
>
> I am not trying to slight the work of the author of the Makefile
> bundle, by the way: no doubt s/he just doesn't use Makefiles that
> often.  But I would be surprised to learn that there aren't a lot
> of users still working on projects that use makefiles to build...

 From a post of allan's two days ago:

"There is a Makefile bundle, it does this, but it is *very*
rudimentary (I wrote the build command, but I rarely ever work with
Makefiles, so I didn’t spend much time prettying up the output)."

Basically there isn't good support because no one has made the
support. You sound like you use makefiles enough to want good
support; you should take a look around the other build commands
(XCode, Rubymate, etc) to see how they do things, then you could see
how best to add support for what you want. Then send the patch to the
dev-list. :)