[TxMt] Makefile support?

Niko Matsakis niko at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 3 20:52:44 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to get the feel for TextMate right now, and I'm wondering:

	can it be that there is no nice support for Makefiles?

I checked out the Makefile bundle from SVN, but while that does allow
you to *run* a Makefile, it doesn't allow you to click on an error
message and be taken to the relevant source file, or do any other
interactive goodness, unless I am mistaken.

In general, it seems it would be nice if there were a way to run an
arbitrary command and filter the output for file names and line
numbers (kind of like M-x compile); this would be quite flexible for
those of using projects that don't build in Xcode.  Is there a bundle
out there that provides this kind of feature?  Or, at least some kind
of "Build with Makefile" support?

I am not trying to slight the work of the author of the Makefile
bundle, by the way: no doubt s/he just doesn't use Makefiles that
often.  But I would be surprised to learn that there aren't a lot of
users still working on projects that use makefiles to build...

thanks for any information!

Niko Matsakis