[TxMt] Textmate for remote files

Matthew Drayton matthew at nolobe.com
Wed May 30 03:21:22 UTC 2007

> Writing down the short list of requirements
>         - Tie to Textmate - very closely
>         - Allow me to easily create a project out of remote files
>         - Allow me to add remote files
>         - Allow me to search those remote files
>         - Save the file back
>         - Connect via ssh
>         - Should be able to routinely (background) poll the remote
> system and determine the status of the file.  This should be able
> to be turned off or time adjusted based on user needs.  I wouldn't
> need this per se.
>         - Should have an integrated browser mechanism which 1) gets
> on a remote system (ssh) 2) allows you to traverse a remote file
> system
>         - Might want to be able to bind a command to a save ( svn
> commit ) feature
>         - Might want to be able to bind a command to the file
> status ( p4 fstat ) feature

You may want to take what I am about to write with a grain of salt
but check out Interarchy.  I think it will do what you want.

I would (and I do) set up either a mirror or a Net Disk.  Both
approaches have different pros and cons but both will allow you to
work pretty much transparently with a remote server.

Kind Regards,
Matthew

--
Nolobe Pty Ltd