[TxMt] Blogging bundle patch for Wordpress error

Michael Jackson mjijackson at gmail.com
Fri May 18 15:14:19 UTC 2007

On May 18, 2007, at 6:28 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 18. May 2007, at 07:57, Michael Jackson wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> When I try to run the patch documented at http://macromates.com/
>> wiki/Blogging/WordPress, I get the following error:
>> [...]
>> I'm assuming this means that my file is not patched correctly. I'm
>> running the latest Wordpress (2.2) but I'm not aware of any
>> changes that were made to the xmlrpc.php file from previous versions.
>
> You can try “svn log xmlrpc.php” to see if it has changed.
>
> Coincidentally I was recently in contact with a WordPress
> maintainer who had done work on WordPress XML-RPC and told me they
> have done both new features and bug fixes for the upcoming 2.2 --
> so my guess would be the file has been changed (too much) since
> Brett did the patch.

Upon further investigation, I've found that you're absolutely right.
It appears that they (the WordPress team) has tried to fix the issue
themselves with v. 2.2. The old patch used to change the following
line (of version 2.1):

$post_date = mysql2date('Ymd\TH:i:s', $postdata['post_date']);

to this:

$post_date = mysql2date('Y-m-d H:i:s', $postdata['post_date']);
$post_date = get_gmt_from_date($post_date);
$post_date = str_replace('-', '', $post_date);
$post_date = str_replace(' ', 'T', $post_date);

However, in version 2.2, the line now looks like this:

$post_date = mysql2date('Ymd\TH:i:s', $postdata['post_date_gmt']);

I don't have access to an old copy of the database, so I don't know
exactly what the difference is between the 'post-date' and 'post-date-
gmt' values, but I'm guessing that it means that the conversion using
the get_gmt_from_date function is no longer necessary.

Also, I've found that the blogging bundle Comments and Pings headers
are broken in WordPress. If I try and edit a post that has Comments
and Pings turned on, they will always be turned off whenever I commit
the revised post, no matter what the headers say.

Sorry about all the bother. I just wanted to let you know that the
blogging bundle is having issues with WordPress 2.2. Other than that,
keep up the great work on the blogging bundle!

Thanks,

Michael