[TxMt] Unicode Documents in LaTeX

Constantinos Neophytou ♎ jaguarcy at gmail.com
Fri May 18 15:13:42 UTC 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 3:22 AM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> That indeed seems to do it for the file that Constantinos is
> working on, once you add the babel stuff for greek. So this
> preamble would do it (notice the greek option in the documentclass):
>
> \documentclass[a4paper,12pt,greek]{report}
> % UTF-8 stuff
> \usepackage[notipa]{ucs}
> \usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{textcomp}
> \usepackage{babel}

Indeed, this worked. I have not been able to get xetex to work with
this document, but I prefer this methodology. Thanks a lot! Now the
only problems I have are definitely latex-only issues... The one that
confuses me and I have no idea how to approach is that the (very) few
english characters I have in the document (for example in tables as
variables) get transliterated into greek characters... is there any
prefix I can use to make these characters appear as-is?