[TxMt] Unicode Documents in LaTeX

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu May 17 00:22:32 UTC 2007

On May 16, 2007, at 6:58 PM, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> According to Jan Lehnardt:
>>  I am writing a LaTeX document in UTF8 and
>>  \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} does it for me. Do
>>  you have encoding of the file set to UTF8 as well?
>>  If not, try File->Re-Open With Encoding -> UTF8
>
> Here is what I use:
>
> % UTF-8 stuff
> \usepackage[notipa]{ucs}
> \usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{textcomp}

That indeed seems to do it for the file that Constantinos is working
on, once you add the babel stuff for greek. So this preamble would do
it (notice the greek option in the documentclass):

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt,greek]{report}
% UTF-8 stuff
\usepackage[notipa]{ucs}
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}