[TxMt] Subversion bundle and fmdiff

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri May 18 12:57:12 UTC 2007

On 17. May 2007, at 18:14, Gerd Knops wrote:

> I am trying to use FileMerge for the 'Diff with...' commands in the
> Subversion bundle.
>
> The help file says to set $TM_SVN_DIFF_CMD to fmdiff. I guess that
> should be fmdiff.sh, which needs to be downloaded and installed
> first from elsewhere (help should mention that).

I’ll link to http://ssel.vub.ac.be/ssel/internal:fmdiff -- but it is
just “fmdiff”.

> Anyhow after I did set that up and run a diff, it does open in
> FileMerge, but the "Accessing Subversion Repository" panel in
> TextMate sticks around until FileMerge is quit. Am I doing
> something wrong, or is that a problem with the bundle?

This is how it is supposed to work, sort of.

The problem is that the bundle does not know if your custom diff
command produces a textual result (for showing in TextMate) or opens
its own window (in which case the command could detach and just
forget about the result).

The simplest solution would be to make fmdiff detach (or use a wrapper).