[TxMt] CR/LF Line endings

Tim Mansour tim at neologica.com.au
Wed May 16 21:46:02 UTC 2007

On 16/05/2007, at 11:22 pm, Cliff Pruitt wrote:

> I don't know if I'd clutter the document window itself with widgets
> for one-time settings (lack of widgets was one of the things that
> made me fall in love with TM).  After all, its not something you're
> going to be changing over & over for a single document.

That's true Cliff, but there are two uses for a widget: (1) perform
an action, (2) provide feedback. Currently there's no quick visual
way to tell what line endings or encoding a file has, and that's one
thing I'd like. On the other hand, the "Tab Size" that's currently in
the status bar is of no use to me at all.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that TM should remain as clutter-free
as possible, but the elements that constitute what clutter *is* there
should be my choice.

--
Tim Mansour <tim at neologica.com.au>