[TxMt] Is the following pdfsync-instruction right?

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat May 12 20:02:43 UTC 2007

On May 12, 2007, at 1:26 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On May 12, 2007, at 09:28, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>> I wonder, would it be possible to change the order of arguments in
>> displayline? TeXniscope and PDF View have the source filename
>> before the pdf filename, but Skim does it the other way around. It
>> probably makes it a bit harder handling the case where the source
>> is omitted, but it would simplify the code on TextMate's side,
>> allowing me to address all the viewer calls with a single call.
>
> I'm not sure if it's possible; my shell script memory is so poor
> that I'll write C/Obj-C first :).  I think it's unfortunate that
> order of options matters at all, but changing it would break
> compatibility with 0.3...which perhaps isn't a big deal.  Your best
> bet is to file a feature request at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
> group_id=192583&atid=941984 so it can be tracked.

I just submitted it, number 1717886: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/
index.php?func=detail&aid=1717886&group_id=192583&atid=941984

Actually all that is needed is the addition of a forward-search.sh
file with contents the following two lines:

#!/bin/sh
"${0/forward-search.sh/displayline}" "$1" "$3" "$2"

This will not break compatibility with any previous version of Skim.
displayline will still continue to work the same way.

> --
> Adam

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College