[TxMt] Is the following pdfsync-instruction right?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri May 11 01:01:16 UTC 2007

On May 10, 2007, at 06:35, Édouard Gilbert wrote:

>>> Apparently he did .. if you look at the last comment on that
>>> thread (from Andrea) he writes:
>>
>> """
>> It works. Thanks for the great speed, and for the quality of the
>> software.
>> I am seriously thinking about declaring PDFView "dead" and Skim as
>> the
>> "successor"; I'll just wait for some more LaTeX support (and maybe
>> I'll try
>> to help a bit with writing it).
>>
>> Again, thanks.
>
> That would be great. If I'm right, PDFViewer was on it's way to
> include TeXShop Spotlight-based source/PDF sync,

Just to be clear, TeXShop's alternate syncing is based on PDFKit, and
has nothing to do with Spotlight AFAIK.

> and I'd like to get rid of pdfsync. That function included in Skm
> would be even better.

Why?  If I recall correctly, one advantage of pdfsync is that it is
more robust with equations and figures.  Be sure you have the most
recent version of the package from CTAN, though, as it has a number of
fixes.

--
Adam