[TxMt] Re: Several newbie-questions

Jacob Rus jacobolus at gmail.com
Fri May 11 03:43:01 UTC 2007

Thomas Mai wrote:
> How can I open the file at the cursor directly from inside the editor?

You'll have to explain.  Are you talking about a complete file path?  In
what language file?

> Can TM hilight the matching brackets? (I'm using "pastels on dark" color
> scheme; if thats important...)

When you arrow past the final bracket, the starting bracket is
highlighted.  You can also select everything inside a pair of brackets
with Edit → Select → Enclosing Brackets.

> How do I make the cursor follow when I've scrolled some pages with
> Ctrl-CursorUp/Down? "Standard-behaviour" is that the cursor stays where
> I've started.

see
[here](http://macromates.com/blog/archives/2005/07/05/key-bindings-for-switchers/)

> How do I find the next match (for the same criteria) when searching
> incrementally with Ctrl+S?

press ⌃S again

> Is there a simple calculator in TM?

There are a few, but you can certainly make your own if they don't do
enough.  Take a look through the bundles. (hint, there's a "math" bundle)

> I prefer bookmarks that I can access directly, e.g. something like ^1
> for line 40, ^2 for line 88 etc - instead of F2. Can I have that with TM?

You could probably make some commands for such a thing.

-Jacob