[TxMt] Blogging bundle features

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Fri Jan 5 15:21:41 UTC 2007

On Jan 5, 2007, at 4:51 AM, Daniel Käsmayr wrote:

> Fellow textmaters,
>
> I have been playing with the blogging bundle now for quite some
> time and would love to see the following additions:
>
> (I currently am at SVN revision 6430, my blogs are running Wordpress)
>
> 1. As I am writing un multiple blogs, I would really appreciate if
> e.g. the category tab trigger would read my current post to see if
> there is already a selection of blogs instead of asking me which
> blog to post to, at the very least use a popup instead of the
> dialog (as is done with the blog tab trigger)

I've been working on this but it's got a lot of complications.
You're not the first to ask for this though.  I could easily turn the
list of blogs into a plust and then just do a tm_dialog menu popup.
I'll see what I can whip up, as that would be, in my opinion, a
valuable and necessary update.

> 2. Same goes for selecting categories… would there be a way to
> cache the list of categories, maybe?

It could be done, but I'm not sure how it would check for changes
without taking just as long.  If you don't need to use the dialog,
you always have the option of just using a snippet with a different
tab trigger...  Do you have any thoughts on how the caching mechanism
might work?

> 3. Is there a way to post drafts? Or, if not, is it possible to
> post at future dates, so I can prepare and upload my next few posts
> without needing to do copy/paste?

Just add Status: Draft to the headers.

> 4. Is the common "linking"  code progressing? e.g. if you insert a
> link to a recent blog post (btw a great addition!) it inserts a
> HTML link, but I am writing in markdown – so it is quite a pain in
> my eyes to see the full clutter of <a> tags…

Allan never got back to us on that.  I'm kind of waiting to hear.

> 5. I very much love the "insert google lucky hit" functionality!
>
> 6. Image upload is soo cool!

With a little Rmagick magic, you can generate thumbnails and
automatically link them as well... takes some hackery though.

> Thanks again to all who are contributing to all those cool bundles!
>
> Dan

Brett