[TxMt] Re : textmate Digest, Vol 28, Issue 15

baptiste auguie bapt_4510 at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 5 15:48:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

> Running Octave scripts from Textmate using Matlab bundle works
> fine, but I'm not sure what sort of output I should use. I have set
> it to 'Show as HTML', since I don't want to create a new file for
> each run and the tooltip option is too volatile. The only problem
> is the text comes out without any line breaks, which is very
> painful to read especially when it comes to vectors and matrices.

You could try wrapping the output in a <pre> tag

Hi,

i missed your reply until now for some reason, thanks. I'm not quite sure how to do what you suggest, though. My 'runOctave' command is the following,

# just to remind you of some useful environment variables
# see Help / Environment Variables for the full list
echo File: "$TM_FILEPATH"
echo Word: "$TM_CURRENT_WORD"
echo Selection: "$TM_SELECTED_TEXT"

octave -f -q

i tried adding the strings "<pre>, pre, | pre, ..." randomly around that, but with no success. Could you give me further hint or link me some help page?

I also get a very annoying problem: my code calls some functions located in other files, many of them are not read correctly for some reason and generate an error due to a wrong line ending apparently. If i just open them and save them, it works fine. Since running a code in Octave can call many functions, i'd save a lot of time in fixing that problem.

Many thanks,

baptiste

http://mail.yahoo.fr Yahoo! Mail