[TxMt] PageUp/Down confusion...

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Feb 22 08:42:50 UTC 2007

On 21. Feb 2007, at 19:36, Brendan Dixon wrote:

> [...] Is there a keybinding or some other default I can set to make
> PageUp/Down actually move one page up/down based solely on the
> visible lines, not the location of the caret? (Move PageUp/Down
> would then, either re-center the caret on the new page or place it
> at the same relative location.)

The default behavior is to move exactly one page up/down without
moving the caret (look at the scrollbar for the exact distance moved).

You can change it e.g. to move the caret as well [1]. Could it be,
that you already changed this, but moved the movePageUp:/
movePageDown: selectors? If so, you get a third behavior, where caret
will first move to the screen boundaries, and then move a page.

[1] http://macromates.com/blog/archives/2005/07/05/key-bindings-for-
switchers/