[TxMt] PageUp/Down confusion...

Brendan Dixon brendandixon at mac.com
Wed Feb 21 18:36:08 UTC 2007

First, I really like TextMate. It's clean and extensible (in a nice,
well-behaved way). It has numerous features quickly becoming part of
my muscle memory.

Though, there's one aspect I can't get my intuitive head around:
PageUp/Down. Often times I feel as if I've landed somewhere quite
different from what I expected - TextMate seems to like to re-center
things or treat the current line (that with the caret) as if it were
the center line (it's often not) and move things accordingly. Is
there a keybinding or some other default I can set to make PageUp/
Down actually move one page up/down based solely on the visible
lines, not the location of the caret? (Move PageUp/Down would then,
either re-center the caret on the new page or place it at the same
relative location.)

Thanks!

Brendan Dixon
brendandixon at mac.com