[TxMt] Re: MultiMarkdown problem under Leopard

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Sun Dec 23 02:18:31 UTC 2007

On 23 Dec 2007, at 03:07, Fletcher T. Penney wrote:

> [...]
> No - MultiMarkdown belongs in Application Support - not in the
> textmate bundle.  If it's in the bundle, then it's not accessible to
> other programs that use MultiMarkdown.

Ah sorry, didn’t “see” that “TextMate/Bundles” was missing in that path.

> The problem here appears to be that Leopard changes the way the
> shell and the TextMate variables work.  I have not upgraded to
> Leopard yet, and welcome suggestions on how to fix the problem that
> Leopard users are having.

Change it to:

     cd "${TM_MULTIMARKDOWN_PATH:-$HOME/Library/Application Support/
MultiMarkdown}"

Then it should work for both Tiger and Leopard.

I would suggest placing MultiMarkdown.pl in the bundle and optionally
use that. Then users only need to double-click install the
MultiMarkdown bundle to get MultiMarkdown in TM, and for many users, I
think that is sufficient, so for them, there is only one thing to
install, and for users who need to share the implementation between
multiple MultiMarkdown-using things, the install procedure is still
the same.