[TxMt] Language definition help

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Wed Sep 6 14:31:10 UTC 2006

On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:33 AM, Timothy Beatty wrote:

> Now TextMate treats the stuff in the quotes as a string  and doesn't
> color bob.dta. What I'd like to have happen is that bob.dta is
> recognized inside the quotes.

TextMate doesn't match anything by itself, something in your grammar
is matching the string. The rules are applied in order so the string
rule must be higher up than the other. If you are just matching
bob.dta that's would be the issue, it gets to the string starter
before it even sees bob.dta

However in this case I'd do a begin on '^\s*use' with an end of '$
\n?'. That way your inside your own rule, can give it a scope
(meta.include etc) and matching will be easy.