[TxMt] GTDAlt feature requests (was: GTD vs GTD2 vs GTDalt?)

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Fri Oct 20 12:29:28 UTC 2006

On 19 oct. 06, at 23:10, Alan Schussman wrote:

> In the interest of keeping the log relatively simple, but allowing
> for the keeping of project information, I wonder if parent projects
> couldn't just be added to the log line, separated by more slashes.
> So if "revisions" was a subproject of "chapter", then we'd get this:
>
> /2006-08-10/MacArthur chapter/Revisions/@mac fix tables/graphs

This would be great, I'm basically doing it manually at the moment.

> A bundle command could be used to scan the log and reconstruct the
> project and display it in its original form, for review or whatever
> purpose, perhaps.

This could be nice as well for recurring projects.

> Just brainstorming. I have to note that actually doing any of this
> is way beyond me, right now, as I'm deep in dissertation-land and
> don't expect to see my own shadow for a while.

Good luck, I've been there and I know how it feels. And I guess at
some points I should just dive in the bundle and discover how things
work.

By the way, are ".gtd" files indexed by SpotLight, or do I need to
add an importer for them?

Thanks,

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
  .O.
  ..O
  OOO