[TxMt] GTDAlt feature requests (was: GTD vs GTD2 vs GTDalt?)

Alan Schussman alan at schussman.com
Thu Oct 19 21:10:36 UTC 2006

On Oct 19, 2006, at 8:54 AM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> I guess it's a question of how lean the gtdlog should be. Alan
> Schussman actually implemented that, if I recall correctly, so
> maybe he can pitch in with his views. I lean toward having it as
> minimalist as possible, but that's just my take on it. I can see
> the advantages to a "full-blown archive". Perhaps an environment
> option could handle that.

-blinks- I did? Since the cleanup command also removes notes that are
linked to a task, it seems like it ought not be too difficult to
append the note below the logged entry for posterity -- perhaps
activated by an options flag to save notes with archived tasks. My
thinking about the log was that if it was as simple as possible, it
could then be parsed in all sorts of ways. (For the review command,
for example; I also worked for a while on using it as a way to log
time in and out of tasks/projects, as well, but never really got it
very functional.) In the interest of keeping the log relatively
simple, but allowing for the keeping of project information, I wonder
if parent projects couldn't just be added to the log line, separated
by more slashes. So if "revisions" was a subproject of "chapter",
then we'd get this:

/2006-08-10/MacArthur chapter/Revisions/@mac fix tables/graphs

A bundle command could be used to scan the log and reconstruct the
project and display it in its original form, for review or whatever
purpose, perhaps.

Just brainstorming. I have to note that actually doing any of this is
way beyond me, right now, as I'm deep in dissertation-land and don't
expect to see my own shadow for a while.

-Alan