[TxMt] LaTeX PDF Preview

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 23 20:31:38 UTC 2006

Thanks Nicholas, indeed this is very useful. I just committed a fix
with it. It needed a slight change for the event that TeXniscope is
not the previewer. Actually, I just changed it completely to use
forward-search instead, for the cases where one uses a master file
with includes, and has the TM_LATEX_MASTER. This is the replacement:

if [[ $(tr <<<"$V" '[A-Z]' '[a-z]') == texniscope ]]; then
         /Applications/TeXniscope.app/Contents/Resources/forward-
search.sh "$TM_LINE_NUMBER" "$TM_FILEPATH" "$PDF";
     fi
   open -a "$V" "$PDF"

If you've placed TeXniscope somewhere else, then you need to change
the path above.
On Jun 23, 2006, at 2:04 PM, Nicolas Schmidt wrote:

> When I write LaTeX files I run "Typeset & Preview" quite alot, and
> therefore was annoyed by the fact that I manually have to scroll
> the preview window to the current line in my TextMate.
> Hence I customized the "Typeset & Preview" command using
> TeXniscope's quite useful AppleScript interface. I replaced the line
>
> --- start ---
> open -a "$V" "$PDF"
> --- end ---
>
> with
>
> --- start ---
> open -a "$V" "$PDF"
> osascript << EOF
> tell application "TeXniscope"
> refresh the front document
> the front document goto line $TM_LINE_NUMBER of source "$TM_FILEPATH"
> end tell
> EOF
>
> Perhaps you find that useful.

Haris