[TxMt] Question about language grammars

Matt Long robothor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 19:52:23 UTC 2006

Hi,

I had a question about the language grammar format and wasn't able to
easily find the answer in the docs or wiki.    So sorry if this is a
FAQ somewhere.

I'm looking at the reStructuredText grammar and find that it is not
really working.  Try opening the spec itself and you should see areas
where the highlighting is off.

My question is how I put a single-quote (') into the regex for a
match.  I keep getting a syntax error (expecting a ;), even if I try
to escape the quote.  If I replace the ' with a \x27 I get the error:
too short multi-byte code string

I need to match something like this: [\b'"(\[{<\-/:](`\S[^`]*\S`)['")

Matt
--
Matt Long                                        mlong at acm.org /
mtlong at csee.usf.edu
University of South Florida, CRASAR
GnuPG public key: http://www.robothor.com/key.gpgkey

"In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get used to them."
- John von Neumann