[TxMt] A TMBundle for Textpattern beta relaease

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Jun 21 23:35:34 UTC 2006

On 22/6/2006, at 1:28, marios wrote:

> Just scanning quickly the mailing list topics, I came across one,
> where
> the phenomenon of invisible bundle Items in the Bundle Editor have
> been
> reported, in case the Bundle was build on cutting Edge, whereas  the
> Third party User version  was a prior build around 948.
> So , what would be interesting to find out, is:
>
> Did this occur because Users attempted  to manually place those Bundle
> Items in   /path/to/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles
>
> instead of   ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles, or is
> it in
> fact a compatibility Issue between  those Bundle versions and TM
> Builds ?

It is a compatibility issue, more specifically, new items are created
with a type-specific extension like tmSnippet, tmCommand,
tmLanguageGrammar, etc. -- r948 only load files with a plist extension.

Renaming the items would solve the compatibility problem, but now
that r1103 is the latest official release, I don’t see any reason to
maintain backwards compatibility for bundles.