[TxMt] A TMBundle for Textpattern beta relaease

marios tmtxpstuff at consking.com
Thu Jun 22 00:37:30 UTC 2006

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 22/6/2006, at 1:28, marios wrote:
>
>> Just scanning quickly the mailing list topics, I came across one, where
>> the phenomenon of invisible bundle Items in the Bundle Editor have been
>> reported, in case the Bundle was build on cutting Edge, whereas  the
>> Third party User version  was a prior build around 948.
>> So , what would be interesting to find out, is:
>>
>> Did this occur because Users attempted  to manually place those Bundle
>> Items in   /path/to/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles
>>
>> instead of   ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles, or is it in
>> fact a compatibility Issue between  those Bundle versions and TM
>> Builds ?
>
> It is a compatibility issue, more specifically, new items are created
> with a type-specific extension like tmSnippet, tmCommand,
> tmLanguageGrammar, etc. -- r948 only load files with a plist extension.
>
> Renaming the items would solve the compatibility problem, but now that
> r1103 is the latest official release, I don’t see any reason to
> maintain backwards compatibility for bundles.
I'm lucky to have that information confirmed, since it resolves all the
confusion that came up with all those Users that never came to see the
Bundle Items.

One last thing that I would like to ask regarding this matter:

In case someone had installed a  cutting Edge Bundle, but had a r948
build, and he then updates his Install to latest cutting Edge, would
that specific Bundle then show up correctly after updating ?

My guess is , it should, but just to confirm, I'd be glad to hear about it.

thanks a lot in advance, regards marios