[TxMt] Bundle items, Unicode & SVN

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 11:38:40 UTC 2006

howdy.

As you've all been forced to be aware, i have a subversion repo with
all of my personal textmate stuff in it.
I love the new way that bundles get textmate specific names.
I love how you can get a nice clean version of something by dragging
it to the finder.
I love being able to use almost any character you can think of in
bundle item names.
BUT!
Using crazy characters in the names can potentially upset subversion.
and since my svn server runs on a linux box, it can get even more
upset when i try to do a checkout there.

SO

Can we change the way it makes the actual file system file names to
not use crazy characters even though they are in the names of bundle
items themselves?

I've been doing it manually for now. I could write a script or
something to do it, but i'm lazy (aka busy).
Personally, i think it should be the default behavior, but it could
just as easily be done as a command.

Has anyone else had a problem with this?

thomas Aylott—subtleGradient