[TxMt] Question to LaTeX bundle users

Alan Schussman alan at schussman.com
Thu Jan 26 16:25:48 UTC 2006

On Jan 26, 2006, at 2:15 AM, Oliver Hagmann wrote:

> So what do I write into the value field of the TM_LATEX_BIB
> variable? Do I need to write in the path or only the file name?

At this point, it needs the full path to the bib file. I wonder if
the script could use the same method that bibtex uses (kpsewhich?) to
find the file. That doesn't seem necessary when using TM_LATEX_BIB,
because that's a variable specific to OSX/TextMate -- so no cross-
platform worries there. But, needing to specify the full path when
using a \bibliography{} command is potentially something that could
break cross-platform compatibility of the .tex file itself, or would
pose problems if one were to move the local texmf tree for some
reason. I'm not entirely familiar with how the innards of that file-
finding actually work, but eventually being able to search the texmf
tree would probably be a good way to go about it.

> Will this also work, if I use "footcite" for citing? And what would
> the shortcut be for this way of completion? The same as before (Cmd-
> Esc)?

I think only \cite works right now, but it would be ideal if we could
complete footcite as well as the cite commands from natbib (citet,
citep, citeyear, etc).

-Alan