[TxMt] scroll using keys

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Jan 4 02:44:27 UTC 2006

On 2/1/2006, at 11:35, David Eriksson wrote:

> Using this command (while holding down / key repeat), firing a
> shortcut makes the top-menu blink. So, when using it for continuos
> scrolling it feels a bit sluggish due to this.

You can record a macro that does scroll up/down 2-n times and save
it. Macros do not cause the menu flash (when they are saved), so that
might be faster for you, and you can have it scroll more than one
line on the key press.

> Also, when I've scrolled say 1 1/2 page, how do I center the cursor
> on the visible area!?

There's no way to do that — but it sounds like a candidate for the to-
do list (as I also frequently scroll w/o moving caret myself, and
fallback to actually position the caret with the mouse, somehow it
never occurred to me that this could be a key action).