[TxMt] HTML Wrap selection as link-snippet is slow

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Sep 21 09:40:54 UTC 2005

On 21/09/2005, at 11.27, Peter Vohmann wrote:

> When I hit Control-Shift-L to wrap my selection into an (A
> href=...) tag,
> TextMate takes a beachball timeout of 40 (fourty!) seconds, and
> when it returns the href-part is empty.
>
> What's up, is it just me?

The snippet was supposed to insert the contents of the clipboard (by
calling pbpaste) into the href-part, but when TM is the clipboard
owner, it will sort of deadlock (but timeout) -- which doesn't happen
for me, since I use QS's clipboard enhancer, and thus didn't see the
problem when I made the snippet.

> If so, is there another easy way to make links?

(duplicate and) remove the code part, i.e. the stuff between (and
including) the `'s.