[TxMt] HTML Wrap selection as link-snippet is slow

Peter Vohmann pvohmann at mac.com
Wed Sep 21 10:15:51 UTC 2005

Am 21.09.2005 um 11:40 schrieb Allan Odgaard:

> On 21/09/2005, at 11.27, Peter Vohmann wrote:
>

>> When I hit Control-Shift-L to wrap my selection into an (A
>> href=...) tag,
>> TextMate takes a beachball timeout of 40 (fourty!) seconds, and
>> when it returns the href-part is empty.
>
> The snippet was supposed to insert the contents of the clipboard
> (by calling pbpaste) into the href-part, but when TM is the
> clipboard owner, it will sort of deadlock (but timeout) -- which
> doesn't happen for me, since I use QS's clipboard enhancer, and
> thus didn't see the problem when I made the snippet.

Ouch. Didn't realize that pbpaste was blocking, thanks for the
explanation.

For those that want to try the clipboard enhancer route, fire up
QuickSilver,
load the Clipboard Plug-in, and activate "Capture History" on the
Clipboard Preferences.

Cmd-Space Cmd-L then will show the clipboard history,
and double-clicking an entry could paste it into the frontmost
application.

There are so many plug-ins in Quicksilver, I can only digest them one
at a time. ;o)

Peter