[TxMt] Cmd-` doesn't really cycle through the windows?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Jun 14 01:05:30 UTC 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 2:41, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Just wondering if this is a bug or the expected behavior. I
> currently have open the theme editor, and bundle editor, and a
> document. If I press Cmd-` successively, the windows come in front
> in the following order:

Yeah, that's pretty weird -- the reason seems to be because I've made
both the bundle editor and theme editor a panel (instead of a
window). Something I generally do for two reasons; 1) before Tiger,
only panels would close on 'escape', and 2) by default panels do not
get 'main window' status, meaning that important actions are still
sent to the window containing the text editor (this is important
mostly for things like the find dialog, which “work” on the main
window, but both the theme and bundle editor also make use of having
a main window e.g. when creating new items and setting a default scope).

Though panels also seem to have several disadvantages, I wasn't aware
of this window-cycle chain problem, but I know of two other window-
ordering related problems which only happen for panels.

For b13 I've changed both these two panels to be normal windows. This
means that new items no longer get the current scope as default
scope, but window-cycling works as expected :)