[TxMt] elusive key bindings & UI confusion

Ben Parzybok info at ideacog.net
Tue Jun 14 01:52:54 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm trying to resolve a key conflict (command-b used to wrap the
selection in bold. Now it tries to build in Xcode)
and I'm wondering if there's a better way to try to resolve this than to
1) go to /Library/Application Support/Textmate
and delete bundles I don't use
2) pour through everything in the bundle editor looking for command-b
or
just give the html command-b snippet better scope.

The language is: HTML (PHP)
and the caret is within a php print command.

Outside of the php the command works fine, so of course one fix is to
go into the bundle editor and add source.php.embedded.html to that
snippet's scope.
But this leads me to another point.

I haven't been in the bundle editor lately, so I'm guessing the new
xcode key binding is from a bundle update or an install of the latest
beta. This strikes me as  tricky behavior. Is the bundle editor a
straw house that I'll need to fine tune regularly?

TextMate is feeling complicated to me these days, at least for the
work that I do (php/css/html/mysql/js). I'm not sure if it's because
I'm unused to the new bundle architecture, that I'm using the latest
betas, or it really is complicated. But it's gotten to the point that
I'd like to bring up the topic. Perhaps TextMate is moving toward
more of a higher end development tool -- I see a lot of latex (which
I believe is a type of paint...) and other languages that are not so
front-end web developer-ish, and if so then that's how it is. I would
be sad, however. I can see how it's getting tremendously more
powerful...it's just trying to keep up that appears difficult.

One possible solution is to have a (gasp) Setup Wizard that would
allow someone to select which languages they use, and to simplify the
bundle editor,etc, based on that.

-Ben