[TxMt] Huge delay in TextMate 1.1b12

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Jun 13 21:12:05 UTC 2005

On Jun 13, 2005, at 22:14, Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> Unfortunately, I can't, but the file is only 206 lines, as it is a
> .sty file that modifies the memoir package. Nothing complex.

I'm almost certain that the slowdown is caused by the previous
recursive regular expressions in the latex syntax. Are you using the
language syntax included with 1.1b12 or did you check out a recent
version from svn?

> [...] The funny thing is that TeXshop colors it correctly, so it
> might be
> worth looking at what they do.

The fundamental difference probably is that TM has a declarative
format which allow the user to define how languages should be parsed
-- this though is still incomplete. If only I needed to parse one
language, my task would have been a lot easier, but TM would also
have been a lot less flexible ;)