[TxMt] TM & UBB code some questions

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Jan 25 11:29:52 UTC 2005

On Jan 25, 2005, at 12:14, Mats Persson wrote:

> While doing this, I am missing the "Insert Closing Tag" functionality
> of HTML

I'm not too happy about having this hardcoded to SGML/XML either :/
when I wrote it, I couldn't find any real use cases outside HTML/XML,
so I figured okay -- thanks for bringing UBB to my attention.

> and started wondering about how I could extend it to handle the basic
> UBB tags as well. Unfortunately I didn't get very far as I can't
> really see the starting point. :(

When I do emacs marks it should be possible to do a naive version with
a macro (search back, copy tag, back to mark, paste/modify). When I do
full backwards searching for regular expressions, it should even be
possible to do a version that accommodates nesting (and scripting
support will be yet another solution).

But of course none of that helps you currently...