[TxMt] TM & UBB code some questions

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 12:08:10 UTC 2005

> On Jan 25, 2005, at 12:14, Mats Persson wrote:

Well, my original e-mail didn't make it to the list, so I guess it got
stuck in Allan's inbox : )

> While doing this, I am missing the "Insert Closing Tag" functionality
> of HTML, and started wondering about how I could extend it to handle
> the basic UBB tags as well. Unfortunately I didn't get very far as I
> can't really see the starting point. :(
> Ideally it would be great to have a syntax .tmbundle that made
> [b]bold[/b] and so on. Anyone has any ideas or input to help with ??

OK, sometimes I just absolutely LOVE TM !!!  The above problem was so
easily solved with TM's Snippet functionality that I feel ashamed I
didn't think about it earlier.

Bold Snippet:
Code: 			[b]`echo $TM_SELECTED_TEXT`$0[/b]
Key Equivelent: 	Cmd+B

replace the 'b' with 'i', 'u' and so on for all the others.

Time spent creating a working solution once I worked out how = 2
minutes !!  Try to do that with any other code/text editor !! Is it
even possible ??

On 25 Jan 2005, at 11:29, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> When I do emacs marks it should be possible to do a naive version with
> a macro (search back, copy tag, back to mark, paste/modify). When I do
> full backwards searching for regular expressions, it should even be
> possible to do a version that accommodates nesting (and scripting
> support will be yet another solution).
>
> But of course none of that helps you currently...

Well, you did by making TM such a wonderful app !!!  When I get rich,
I'll buy you a Ferrari ! :)

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -