[TxMt] [Feature request] Code auto-indenting

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Feb 15 01:44:19 UTC 2005

On Feb 14, 2005, at 16:58, Tom Lazar wrote:

>> In jEdit I used a feature all the time that auto-indented my code
>> blocks by pressng TAB. Is this available already, and if not, any
>> plans for future releases?
> [...]
> and related to this i'd like to see a function 'indent according to
> current mode' which would be extremely useful when editing code
> created by someone else/with another tool.

I'm assuming that jEdit is for Java.

I'd love to add the feature requested, but any idea on how I can
'indent to current mode' when TextMate is used for 20+ languages, and
each language have like 5 different programming styles? ;)

There does however exist code beautifiers/pretty printers etc. which
could probably be called from TextMate (e.g. on selected text). There's
one included with OS X for C (called indent).

If anyone knows of (a working) one for [Objective-]C++, let me know! :)