[TextMate] Bookmarks (was: Project file drawer)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Oct 13 07:50:03 UTC 2004

On 13. Oct 2004, at 0:40, Phil Aaronson wrote:

> As a follow up, I just started getting into the bookmark feature,
> unfortunately when I quit out those seem to get dropped on the floor
> as well (like the folder inclusion patterns).

With regard to the folder inclusion patterns, these should _not_ be
dropped if you set it for the actual folder reference (as opposed to
one of the sub folders). I will improve this (scheduled for 1.0.3),
where I'll also save which sub folders were expanded etc.

> Will we be able to save these at some point? Or is this by design?

By design I tried to make as much meta data as possible 'automatic',
seeing how it could easily be out of synch if the file goes through
another editor, CVS/svn, email, is moved on disk, or similar.

But I would of course like the best solution, rather than be religious
about it. So even the things which are by design, are open for changes!
:)

It would help to know how you use the bookmarks. Is it a temporary fix
until the function popup? Could they for example be auto generated by
giving a regex for all lines which should be bookmarked?

Personally I only use them as scratch bookmarks, i.e. when I want to go
elsewhere in the source, but be able to return with a single key
stroke.

Kind regards Allan