HTML, auto-complete and snippets (was Re: [TextMate] (no subject))

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Thu Oct 7 04:11:02 UTC 2004

On 07/10/2004, at 1:57 PM, timothy martens wrote:

> Well said Marc. I'm disappointed, because I had just assumed that
> (XHTML/CSS) code-hinting would be there by default in TextMate. But
> now as I read the list and the split in opinions about this feature --
> I'm wondering if it will ever be reality. Not to sound too negative --
> there's a lot I like about TM so far. Further exploration is in order
> before making judgments.

The hinting (in some form) is planned for the future.  In the meantime,
perhaps read this blog post I just published, which might encourage you
to forget what you thought were cool features, and embrace TextMate's
endless customisation and innovation through snippets and macros.

http://justinfrench.com/index.php?id=55

It's a bit of a rant, but please remember that I've been using TM about
14 hrs a day for over a week now.  I feel I've got a bit of a head
start and "get it", and can't help but try to show other people "the
light".

Justin