[TextMate] Preferences window (was ProFont)

Carl-Johan Kihlbom extra at newcode.se
Wed Oct 6 21:55:10 UTC 2004

On Oct 6, 2004, at 23:45, Sune Foldager wrote:

> On 6/10-2004, at 23:38, Ollivier Robert wrote:
>> Thanks for TM by the way, although I see some things missing
>> (preferences
>> menu for example), TM seems a blessing after struggling to find a
>> decent
>> editor (although jEdit comes close, it is Java).
>
> That's good :-). Actually, the preferences menu is missing on purpose.
> At least for now the goal was to make it as easy and straight forward
> while also very powerful, as possible. Everything can be toggled
> directly in the menus, and states are saved on exit :-).

I don't understand your argument about the Preferences. TextMate still
has a lot of preferences, such as font, antialiasing, tab width, etc.,
but instead of keeping them all together in one place where they're
easy to find they are spread out and hidden among the other menus. How
is that easy and straight forward?

/ Carl-Johan Kihlbom