[TextMate] Preferences window (was ProFont)

Sune Foldager cryo at diku.dk
Wed Oct 6 22:04:09 UTC 2004

On 6/10-2004, at 23:55, Carl-Johan Kihlbom wrote:

> I don't understand your argument about the Preferences. TextMate still
> has a lot of preferences, such as font, antialiasing, tab width, etc.,
> but instead of keeping them all together in one place where they're
> easy to find they are spread out and hidden among the other menus. How
> is that easy and straight forward?

I don't agree that they are spread out and hidden... well, they are
spread out but they arein the menus where they logically belong. For
example, font setting is in the view menu, stuff that determines how
the editor reacts to your input is in the behaviour menu, and stuff
relating to syntax is also in the view menu etc. Putting it all in a
prefs window is not much better: It takes longer time to change, and
many people will check the menus first to see if it is not considered
"deep" enough to end up in the prefs, I think.

--
Sune.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"