[TxMt] Back and forward for switching files?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Nov 5 21:06:21 UTC 2004

On 5. Nov 2004, at 17:57, Wayne Larsen wrote:

> The question I have is -- if you are working on two files that are far
> apart in the tab bar, is there any shortcut for switching between
> them?

The only short cut in this context is “Go to Header/Source”
(command-up). What it does is it opens/goes to the next file in the
project with same basename, but other extension.

I guess this is mostly a (Objective-)C(++) feature.

> My thought is that the program could maintain a history list of viewed
> files, and then a key binding could be assigned to navigate back and
> forward over that history list.  Could this be added?  (Or does this
> capability exist somehow?)

You can drag-sort the tabs, that way you can line them up as you'd want
to step through them.  So when you have the two tabs far apart, just
drag one of them next to the other, and you can use command-left/right
to move between them.

I'm not completely rejecting the history idea, but for now I think
drag-sorting is more transparent (i.e. it has the ordering visible, and
it allows the user to manipulate it easily).