[SVN] Re: Ruby 1.9 Changes for TextMate Pastie Support...

James Gray james at grayproductions.net
Tue Sep 9 17:06:03 UTC 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 10:17 AM, Charles Turner wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 09:49:14 -0500, James Gray wrote:
>> Well, if you want to solve 1.9 compatibility issues,
>
>> Remember that you chose to work on this exercise.  ;)
>
> Well, James: the task I gave myself was making TextMate work with Ruby
> 1.9. I don't know that I signed on to solve 1.8 compatibility
> issues; I
> simply don't have the time to add that to my workload.
>
> So if my contributions are being judged to fall below some minimum
> standard of value, I'll refrain from wasting everyone's time in the
> future.
>
> Sorry-

I apologize if I have offended you.  I really do appreciate you
tracking these issues down.

My suggestions are just an attempt to get your patches accepted.  In
their current form, they aren't something we can apply without work.
That makes us more likely to put them off, for the same time reasons
you list.

I hope that makes sense.  Again, I apologize.

James Edward Gray II