[SVN] Matlab bundle

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Sep 12 21:15:33 UTC 2006

On 10/9/2006, at 22:23, Peder Axensten wrote:

> I'd like to get in touch with the Matlab bundle author. I got a few
> suggestions/bug fixes.

It doesn’t have any maintainer -- I have just accepted contributions
from users of Matlab.

> I'd like to change
> foldingStartMarker = '^\s*(function|if|switch|while|for|try)\s(?!.*
> \bend\b).*$';
> foldingStartMarker = '^\s*(function|if|switch|while|for|try)\s*(?!.*
> \bend\b).*$';
> so that constructs like 'if(whatever)' (with no space) folds too.

Seems reasonable.

> In no particular order, some more keywords:
> case, otherwise,
> varargin, varargout, inputname,
> get, findobj, allchild,
> dbstack, stop, waitbar

I wasn’t entirely sure how to scope these, so I placed them in these
three groups (the Matlab bundle seems to call must things just a
function):

     {   name = 'storage.modifier.matlab';
         match = '\b(varargin|varargout)\b';
     },
     {   name = 'keyword.control.matlab';
         match = '\b(case|otherwise)\b';
     },
     {   name = 'keyword.other.matlab';
         match = '\b(inputname|get|findobj|allchild|dbstack|stop|
waitbar)\b';
     },

> These are just words I've came across recently. I'd be glad to do a
> more organized search if I knew it'd be used.
> Maybe adding keywords from common toolboxes too, such as
> statistics, optimization, etc.?

I am not a Matlab user myself, but I would certainly welcome someone
who wants to improve the bundle -- as mentioned, it has no
maintainer, and it never had, so there is room for improvements :)