[SVN] r5537

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Sat Oct 21 21:45:09 UTC 2006

On Oct 21, 2006, at 3:23 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 21. Oct 2006, at 03:57, Chris Thomas wrote:
>
>> • There's now a visible diff button, as a first step toward status
>> window convergence. Double-clicking continues to invoke diff as
>> well. The UI is subject to change. Feedback welcome.
>
> Nice! I take it they will get some 3D effect to stress the click-
> ability. If you need drawn versions, we can probably get Jacob Rus
> to make some :)

Yup, I actually have code to do that (you can actually see it in the
first revision of the buttonstrip cell .m file). I'm trying to keep
the executable small, so I need to figure out whether to move to
CTGradient or keep my own tiny but substantially less capable
CGShading wrapper.

> For me though activating the diff now gives me an error about launch
> path not being accessible. Presumably the current working directory
> (when executing the command) is not existing. The pwd before/after
> calling the ruby script though is correct.
>
> I can debug this myself if you have no idea what might be up.

Yes, if PWD isn't correct, you should get a different error message.
The code for determining the absolute paths to the commands (the path
to the diff tool ($TM_SVN) is passed by the commit script, and mate is
assumed to be in "$TM_SUPPORT_PATH/bin/mate") hasn't changed, so I'm
not sure why there would be an issue.

Does TM_SVN evaluate to an absolute path on your system? If not,
perhaps we just need to expand the path before passing it to NSTask.

>> • Be less sneaky/more safe about stealing artwork from the TM app.
>
> We can also just copy the images to the project, after all, they are
> copied to the destination CommitWindow.app.

Puzzling... they actually are in the project now. That was the change.

Chris