[SVN] Validated JavaScript & Prototype Bundles

Martin Ström martinstromlists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 08:41:15 UTC 2006

Looks like Michael Sheet is on a global renaming spree so I wait until it's
over and update my files and commit them after. Looks like some of the
things I fixed in my local copy (with the diff file attached to a msg
earlier in this thread) have been fixed by other people in the last days.

On 8/14/06, thomas Aylott <oblivious at subtlegradient.com > wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2006, at 8:06 PM, Martin Ström wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> As beeing the last grammar not to validate I tried to fix the scopes for
> "Prototype & Scriptaculous" bundle the other day. I have fixed the scopes to
> be valid and also moved a lot of common JavaScript things to the JS bundle
> instead. (the P+S grammar is now more or less just the classes and methods).
> I haven't commit the changes yet because there are some thing I wanted to
> check with you before doing my first commit :)
>
> Thomas Aylott: I have fixed some scopes things in your Bracketed theme
> (this was before the commit earlier today) and want you to check if it (and
> the other changes as well such as the Symbol List prefs) works as intendend.
>

> There are some difficulties with JS since there aren't any "real" classes
> (just functions) and how these should be scoped (like classes or functions).
> I choose to have some patterns to be scoped as classes (like the built-in
> Prototype classes like Element, Position or Effect, as well as "MyClass" in
> `MyClass.prototype` and some other cases). I don't know really what is the
> correct solution for this but I thought it's better to get the bundles
> cleaned and valid first and then we can think/change these scopes.
>
> Anyway, here's the diff from my WC. Remember that my WC is dated before
> Thomas Aylott's and Michael Sheets' commits the latest days.
>
> Ciao
> Martin
>
> --
> burnfield.com/martin
>

> I've never done a patch before. what's the trick?
> It just keeps asking me what files i want to patch and doesn't believe me
> when i tell it.
> can't find file to patch at input line 142
> Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |Index: JavaScript Prototype & Script_aculo_us.tmbundle/Preferences/Symbol
> List Banned.tmPreferences
> |===================================================================
> |--- JavaScript Prototype & Script_aculo_us.tmbundle/Preferences/Symbol
> List Banned.tmPreferences       (revision 4661)
> |+++ JavaScript Prototype & Script_aculo_us.tmbundle/Preferences/Symbol
> List Banned.tmPreferences       (working copy)
> File to patch:
>
> Then no matter what i put in it rejects it.
> How do you guys do it?
>
>  thomas Aylott—* subtleGradient*

burnfield.com/martin