[TxMt] Emmit Plugin in 2.0-beta.11.9

Graham Heath graham.p.heath at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 20:39:34 UTC 2016

Hello!

A couple of days ago my Emmet Plugin stopped working.

This might not seem like a big deal, but I love Emmet, and so do many of my
web-dev cohorts.

I traced the error down to explicit blacklisting of this plugin in TextMate.

https://github.com/textmate/textmate/commit/4b19e404403c0d237578ecac583796d9c3f40a88
https://github.com/textmate/textmate/commit/81d2586ffcfc9385d9bb362febda7c7ec8925557

This blacklisting is intentional, and rational. Apparently users have had
the plugin installed and its been crashing for years. I’m not sure if this
is because its crashing in use, or if its because the plugin was installed,
but doesn’t support the OS and therefore it crashes in the background
without issue, or if there are other crashes.

What I do know is that the plugin isn’t really being updated, its sort of
frozen in time, but it does work if you use @pingjiang’s custom built
binary from https://github.com/emmetio/Emmet.tmplugin/issues/10.  @pingjiang
Had gone in and updated the plugin, I’m not exactly sure what was required
for him to do, but it was at least partially just a recompilation on a
newer machine (updating the release targets).

Is there any way to know if this custom built plugin is causing crash
reports, or is it just the original?

Given that it takes some effort to get a working version, I totally get if
this plugin remains blacklisted *but *I’d like to see a path to Emmet
becoming easy to get working on TextMate sometime soon.

What I’ve discovered so far is that the blacklisting uses "contains" rather
than "equals" so updating the Bundle identifier to
'io.emmet.EmmetTextmate2' was not enough as it still contained the original
"io.emmet.EmmetTextmate" so in my new bundle i’m using "io.emmet.EmmetTM2"
instead. Could this be changed to equals?

My modified plugin is available here;

https://github.com/loadedsith/emmet-objc/releases/tag/v10.11.1
or more directly
https://github.com/loadedsith/emmet-objc/releases/download/v10.11.1/Emmet.tmplugin.zip