[TxMt] Re: Suggestion: UI distinguishing light and dark themes

Wed Dec 30 11:14:32 UTC 2015

On 30 Dec 2015, at 11:58, dipnlik wrote:

> It looks like themes are already identified as light or dark via their
> Semantic Class, so my suggestion is to include this distinction in the
> UI somehow.  I know this is not something the user will do frequently,
> but I think this improvement will cut the time to select a new theme
> roughly by half.

Select Bundles → Select Bundle Item…

Switch to “Other” in the scope bar and pick “Semantic Class” in
the gear menu drop-down.

Now enter “theme.light” and you will see only light themes installed
on your system.

Granted, the experience is not very good because once you select a theme
you will have to redo the above steps.

I think having the item chooser immediately switch to a theme, once it
gets selected in the list, would make it a lot more useful (while still
a bit hidden).