[TxMt] Re: Suggestion: UI distinguishing light and dark themes

dipnlik dipnlik at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 17:10:30 UTC 2015

> On 30 Dec 2015, at 11:58, dipnlik wrote:
>
>> It looks like themes are already identified as light or dark via their
>> Semantic Class, so my suggestion is to include this distinction in the
>> UI somehow.  I know this is not something the user will do frequently,
>> but I think this improvement will cut the time to select a new theme
>> roughly by half.
>

> Select Bundles → Select Bundle Item…
>
> Switch to “Other” in the scope bar and pick “Semantic Class” in the gear
> menu drop-down.
>
> Now enter “theme.light” and you will see only light themes installed on your
> system.
>
> Granted, the experience is not very good because once you select a theme you
> will have to redo the above steps.

  This definitely helps filtering, and is knowledge I can also use for
other things, thanks for that.

> I think having the item chooser immediately switch to a theme, once it gets
> selected in the list, would make it a lot more useful (while still a bit
> hidden).

  I'd be worried about accidentally selecting themes this way.  If I'm
looking for something else and stumble upon a theme, immediately
switching to it would be a big unexpected visual effect.

  I was leaning more to improve the View → Themes menu.  Maybe list
all dark themes, a divider, then all light themes?

  Anyway, thanks for the quick response.

--
:: dip