[TxMt] Re: Pycheckmate.py throws IndexError in Python bundle

Jay Soffian jaysoffian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 15:13:47 UTC 2009

> On 18 Aug 2009, at 21:46, J W-d wrote:
>
>> [...] Line 26 reads:
>>     __version__ = "$Revision$"
>>>
>> When it should read:
>>     __version__ = "$Revision 11734 $"
>
> The revision is put into that line by svn if you cat/export/checkout
> the file.
>
> I see however that the git mirror does not have this revision, so I am
> assuming you updated the bundle from git (maybe via GetBundles).
> We’ll need to address that (I didn’t know about it until now).
>
>> [...]
>> Though I must say... What's the use of the revision, exactly??  It
>> seems
>> that it has only served to break the script and not much else. :)
>
> The idea with the revision is that when a user reports that “I used
> ⌃⇧V and it gives me this error” we can ask the user what revision
> of the script he has, so we can see if it has since been fixed :)

Ugh, I can fix this, but:

a) I need to pull up your message on how write access to the bundles
work, since it's been a while since I touched anything (or I may just
send a patch to the list...)

b) I'm not sure what the best alternative is for the svn tag, it may
just be burning a revision into the source file on checkin and
remembering to update it manually on each commit. :-(

j.